Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Machine Madness

Clichés Y Tonterías
I am head-over-heels for this female street artist. Rarely do you see a lady who can seriously run with the big dogs, but Nancy Charles is handling it. I don't know much about this street-artist besides she is pals with my hometown buddy, Bart Budwig. She recently completed his cover art for his latest album, Whiskey Girl.


  Charles' work is colorful, loud and is bound to strike a nerve. Not only is she making her mark on the unsuspecting streets, but also with other up and coming artists. I assume that contemporary artist, Banksy, may have had some influence on this spray-can junkie. On Charles' tumblr page she calls, Exit Through the Gift Shop(the Documentary featuring Banksy's work),"the best documentary ever made".
  It does my heart good to see this kind of intense talent from a fellow-female. She's the type of woman I want my daughters to take an interest in. Her energy is being put into creativity and an artistic revolution as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what Nancy Charles' motive is, if she is featured in exhibits, if she's ever had a magazine cover, if she's all about the Benjamins or creating a legacy...but she has my attention.    

No comments:

Post a Comment