Friday, May 13, 2011

Lemons and Lemonade

My house is a mess.
There is text book reading to be done.
My husband needs to be picked up from work.
Rent needs to be paid.
My daughter needs to be fed.
There is laundry to be folded.
But some how I have found a beautiful appreciation for my unorganized life. Some part of me adores the mess. It means there are people LIVING here. I love the half done art projects on the kitchen table. I love the smell of laundry, fresh out of the dryer. I love my anxious husband counting down the minutes until he sees us. I love that we are just happy to have food in the cupboard and a roof over our heads.

I have to stop myself from saying, "I'll be happy when..." I am here NOW. Life is not ruffles and frills. Real life is not bright lights and glamour. Life is waking up to dirty diapers and pile of dishes. Life is trying to enjoy the five minutes you have with your husband before you pass out from exhaustion. Things will NEVER be perfect. Things will most likely get harder. But I have Cassidy to hold my hand and Saylor to make me laugh. We are taking things one day at a time and we've made it this far.

I did my best. And that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

  1. I forget sometimes that life should be lived and you shouldnt have to make excuses. Sometimes its just a messy day! Thanks, love you!

    ReplyDelete