Monday, June 27, 2011

Monday Morning: Let Go and Let God

I'm fighting off that horrible desire to just lay in my bed ALL day. It's one of those days I have to pray for energy. Pray for motivation. When I start to move, when I brush my teeth and comb my hair it starts to unravel. All of the opportunities of the day unfold. Chores are a tedious task, but when I'm done I have a new home, a new view. Behaviors that need to be corrected, made right seem heavy, but there is hope and happiness with this new day. When I walk outside my door (even under the beating heat) I feel the power of the Earth wake me up, lift me up! Good Morning! It is a good morning. I can only hope for the strength to get through THIS day. I'm lingering on Step 3: "Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood him."  Holding to my will and false sense of control of my life, I pray to turn it over to God. THIS morning brings that hope and promise that life will get eaiser as I learn to apply this principle. That is my focus, just for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment